- This event has passed.
Retreat Session: High Stakes Performance Training (Hood)
September 17 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
3:00 – 4:00: High Stakes Performance Training, Dr. Lorie Hood
Work like a high-stakes performer. Play like a polar bear. This session teaches the skills and abilities for legal professionals to (i) use High Stakes Performance techniques and methods to manage energy, not time and of Conscious Self Evaluation and increasing self-awareness and (ii) provides techniques that allow access, at any given moment, to any or all of one’s resources.
Dr. Hood defines High Stakes Performance as: : the ability to access, at will, the parts of your mind and body in any given moment while maintaining the ability to rest other mental or physical resources to conserve energy. High Stakes Performers are more productive in their work life, are happier, and have stronger relationships and better overall health.
Dr. Lorie Hood (Founder), Responders First and The Hood Group
Dr. Lorie Hood has over 25 years of experience coaching, consulting, and training. She has coached and mentored top leaders for The United States Airforce (USAF Leadership Development Program), executives and teams for Fortune 500 companies, government agencies, police and fire departments and veterans’ organizations. She has coached, mentored, consulted, and works closely with partners, associates, in the legal field. She especially loves working with trial attorneys.
Dr. Hood developed The Hood Group High Stakes Performance Method, which increases focus and performance while reducing the potential for trauma and burnout in high-stress environments, allowing individuals (i) to be fully present for their work and manage their energy and resources in a focused, efficient manner and (ii) to release their work when it is finished.
Dr. Hood founded and remains deeply involved in three companies: The Hood Group, Responders First, and FutureSafe. Through all her work, Dr. Hood implements her expertise in neuroscience and trauma in proactive ways to help with individual, organizational, and mass trauma.
Dr. Hood holds the following degrees and certifications:
- PhD in Organizational Development and Transformation, International University of Professional Studies
- EdS (post-master’s degree) in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Virginia
- MS in Counseling Psychology, Chaminade University of Honolulu
- BA in Psychology, University of Hawaii
- Group facilitator advanced training certification with child and adolescent specialty, The Center for Mind and Body Medicine
- Master Certified Coach, the International Coach Federation
- Board Certification and Diplomat Status in Forensic Traumatology, Emergency Crisis Response, and Domestic Violence, American Academy of Experts in Traumatic Stress and the National Center for Crisis Management
- DD: (540) 205-0534
- Websites and Social Media:
- Websites: https://www.loriehoodphd.com; https://www.TheHoodGroupllc.com; https://www.futuresafellc.com; https://www.respondersfirstllc.com
- Instagram: @loriehoodphd
- LinkedIn: Lorie Hood PhD
- Twitter: @loriehoodphd