- This event has passed.
Mid-Atlantic Women Legal Professionals’ Retreat
March 3 - March 6$180.00 – $200.00
Mid-Atlantic Women Legal Professionals’ Retreat
Join this first of its kind event, organized by the lawyers assistance programs in five states.
This will bring together women judges, magistrates, attorneys, law students, and other legal professionals for three-days of professional development and networking.
- Hosts: Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia Lawyers Assistance Programs.
- Dates: Thursday, March 3 – Sunday, March 6, 2022.
- Location: Asheville, North Carolina (Crowne Plaza Resort).
- Cost: $200 for professionals; $180 for students (lodging separate).
- Scholarships: Registration discounts are available for individuals requesting accommodation as needed. Please contact the LAP in your state for details.
- Attendees: Female attorneys and other legal professionals and our allies from the Mid-Atlantic Region (and beyond).
- CLEs: Earn 10 or more CLE credits (number depends on state: KY, NC, TN, VA, WV). Note: attendees from NC will be responsible for the state required per-hour cost.
- Purpose: Professional development and networking while promoting personal rejuvenation, self-care, and personal empowerment.
Written Materials For CLE Presentations
- Vicarious Trauma, Moral Injury, and Imposter Syndrome: Outline for Slippery Slope Self Doubt, Impostor Phenomenon, Burnout, Moral Injury
- Race and Gender Challenges: Practices in the Firm and in the Courtroom: Race and Gender Equality 2021 Women’s Retreat Written Materials
- What is Your Wellness Menu: Wellness Menu Course Outline FULL What’s on your wellness Menu Slides Wellness Menu – Attachment 1 – 6 tips for healthier eating, so you can reject the diet rollercoaster Wellness Menu – Attachment 2 – ABA Positivity Worksheet Wellness Menu – Attachment 3 – Fun Run Wellness Menu – Attachment 4 – Mindfulness for Moms Wellness Menu – Attachment 5 – Someplace to GoWellness Menu – Attachment 6 – Walk in the WoodsWellness Menu – Attachment 7 – Cornell Wellness Menu
- Re-evaluating the Legal Field: Practice to Fit the Lives of Women: Practice to Fit the Lives of Women 2022 Women’s Retreat Written Materials
- Exploring Your Relationship with Technology: Process Addictions and Exploring Your Relationship with Technology
- The Intersection of Stress, Ethics, and Wellness in the Legal Profession:
Thank You to Our Sponsors and Exhibitors
Join other women lawyers and legal professionals and our allies for a weekend of CLEs and wellness to:
- Provide an open opportunity for fellowship with colleagues;
- Promote personal rejuvenation;
- Support empowerment, including prioritizing your needs;
- Stimulate empathy;
- Develop and enhance self-care; and
- Process life during COVID-social distancing and reintegration processes.
We are taking additional measures to protect the physical safety of participants. We are very excited to connect with new colleagues and those who we may not have seen in a long time. We recognize in so doing, we will be bringing together many people, from multiple households, from several states. COVID continues to be a reality in our daily lives and, while Omicron rates appear to be declining, we want to to all we can to keep participants healthy and safe.
The Crowne Plaza Resort Hotel has instituted cleaning and disinfectant precautions to maintain a healthy environment for us. For our attendees, we want to do all we can to protect you and your loved ones from COVID-19. As such, we have adopted the following additional safety measures and protocols:
- Vaccination/Testing: We request all attendees (i) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to attest to this status at the time of registration (online during the payment process or at the event registration) or (ii) to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR-test taken within 72 hours prior to the start of the event. Anyone who cannot attest to being vaccinated or provide proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the event will not be allowed to participate in the Retreat.
- Stay Home/Quarantine when Appropriate: If you have (i) tested positive for COVID-19, (ii) have COVID-19 symptoms, or (iii) have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. If, at any time during the Retreat, you begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms, please self-quarantine. Also, please notify Retreat Planning Committee members or your state’s LAP staff to assist with notifications of those with whom you have had close physical contact.
- Masks: To maximize protection from the COVID-19 and prevent possibly spreading it to others, we require all attendees (i) to wear a mask indoors except when you are eating or drinking and (ii) to follow any local and venue protocols. Disposable masks will be available should anyone need one.
- Physical (Social) Distancing: The CDC recommends attendees to stay at least 6 feet away from people who do not live with them and discourage greetings with physical contact. It is recommended that attendees follow these recommendations. The rooms where Retreat events will be held have much larger capacities than anticipated attendance and will allow physical distancing as preferred.
- Special Accommodations: In case you need special accommodations, please let Retreat Planning Committee members or your state’s LAP staff know so alternative arrangements may be made to the fullest extent possible.
View full protocols: Women’s Retreat COVID Protocols
Where to stay?
Instructions when making your room reservations at the Crowne Plaza Resort Asheville:
A block of rooms has been reserved at a “LAP Women Lawyers Retreat” special group rate. To get this rate, reservations must be made BEFORE FEBRUARY 17, 2022 at midnight (note: this has deadline has been extended once, and it is not likely to be extended again).
To make reservations:
- On-line: Link to the Crowne Plaza Resort page; enter your dates of stay; enter the group code “LAP.” Direct link.
- Toll-Free: Call the Crowne Plaza Resort’s toll-free number 1-844-330-0296 (24/7) and mention the group name (LAP Women’s Lawyer Retreat).
- In-House: Call the Crowne Plaza Resort’s local number during business hours 828-285-2603 and mention the group name.
Crowne Plaza Contact Person: Marie Sales (828‑285‑2603; email@example.com)
Interested in Sponsoring or Exhibiting?
There are many ways to support the Retreat, at a variety of levels and exposure. These include individual and corporate sponsorship, sponsoring a specific event or activity, and being an exhibitor. Sponsors and exhibitors may include law firms, wellness professionals, treatment providers, and other legal services organizations. We have a detailed brochure with sponsorship and exhibition opportunities: Women’s Retreat 2022 Sponsorship.
Barbara Mardigian * Virginia Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program
firstname.lastname@example.org * 703.206.8027 (cell) * 1015 E. Main Street, Ground Floor, Richmond, VA 23219
REGISTRATION: Purchase “tickets” below
Registration discounts are available for individuals requesting accommodation as needed. Please contact your state’s LAP or send a request through Virginia’s LAP general information email (email@example.com).