18th Annual VJLAP Fall Retreat (Lynchburg, VA)
September 16 - September 18$50.00 – $175.00
VJLAP 18th Annual Fall Retreat
“Celebrating Our Heritage”
Friday, September 16, 2022 – Sunday, September 18, 2022
The Virginian Hotel, Lynchburg, VA
10 CLE Credits (CLEs live-steamed)
Registration is Required (purchase “tickets” below)
This retreat will bring together judges, magistrates, attorneys, law students, and other legal professionals for three-days of professional development and networking.
- Dates: Friday, September 16th through Sunday, September 18th.
- Location: All CLE events will be at the Virginian Hotel in Lynchburg, VA; the dinner and keynote address on Saturday night will be at the Craddock Terry.
- Cost: $75 (virtual only) – $175.00 (full Retreat attendance). Register by purchasing a “ticket” at the bottom of the page.
- Scholarships: Registration discounts are available for individuals requesting accommodation as needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request consideration.
- CLEs: Earn 10 CLE credits (pending) including 2 Ethics credits (approved)
- Purpose: Education, wellness-building, professional development, community-building, and networking.
This years Retreat will have an opening dessert Reception on Friday with stories from the early days of VJLAP and a dinner at the Craddock Terry on Saturday featuring a Keynote Address and a presentation honoring VJLAP’s founders, followed by an ice cream social. View full agenda here: Agenda 2022 Annual Fall Retreat
The substantive sessions (also live-streamed) will feature 10 hours of CLE presentations covering:
- Relationships and Addiction: Exploring Codependence
- Substance Use’s Impact on Lawyer Effectiveness
- Judicial Panel: A View from the Bench
- Age is More Than a Number: Addressing the Impact of Aging on Our Practices
- The Intersection of Stress, Ethics, and Wellness
Written Materials for CLE Presentations
Presentations and supplemental written materials will be posted in the morning on the day of the presentation.
We are taking additional measures to protect the physical safety of participants. We are very excited to connect with new colleagues and those who we may not have seen in a long time. We recognize in so doing, we will be bringing together many people, from multiple households. COVID continues to be a reality in our daily lives and we want to to all we can to keep participants healthy and safe.
The Virginian Hotel has instituted cleaning and disinfectant precautions to maintain a healthy environment for us. For our attendees, we want to do all we can to protect you and your loved ones from COVID-19. As such, we have adopted the following additional safety measures and protocols:
- Vaccination/Testing: We request all attendees (i) to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and to attest to this status at the time of registration (online during the payment process or at the event registration) or (ii) to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR-test taken within 72 hours prior to the start of the event. Anyone who cannot attest to being vaccinated or provide proof of a negative test within 72 hours of the event will not be allowed to participate in the Retreat.
- Stay Home/Quarantine when Appropriate: If you have (i) tested positive for COVID-19, (ii) have COVID-19 symptoms, or (iii) have had close contact with a person who has tested positive for or who has symptoms of COVID-19, please stay home. If, at any time during the Retreat, you begin to experience COVID-19 symptoms, please self-quarantine. Also, please notify VJLAP staff to assist with notifications of those with whom you have had close physical contact.
- Masks: To maximize protection from the COVID-19 and prevent possibly spreading it to others, we encourage all attendees (i) to wear a mask indoors except when you are eating or drinking and (ii) to follow any local and venue protocols. Disposable masks will be available should anyone need one.
- Physical (Social) Distancing: The CDC recommends attendees to stay at least 6 feet away from people who do not live with them and discourage greetings with physical contact. It is recommended that attendees follow these recommendations.
- Special Accommodations: In case you need special accommodations, please let VJLAP staff know so alternative arrangements may be made to the fullest extent possible.
Where to Stay?
A block of rooms has been reserved at The Virginian Hotel and will be saved under the VJLAP block and rate until August 16, 2022. When making your room reservation, please indicate you will be attending the VJLAP Annual Retreat.
You may make your reservations directly by calling the hotel (434.616.4430) or using their booking link.
Interested in Sponsorship or Exhibiting
There are many ways to support the Retreat, at a variety of levels and exposure. These include individual and corporate sponsorship, sponsoring a specific event or activity, and being an exhibitor. Sponsors and exhibitors may include law firms, wellness professionals, treatment providers, and other legal services organizations.
We have a detailed brochure with sponsorship and exhibition opportunities: Annual Retreat 2022 Sponsorship
As requested by last year’s attendees, the Retreat schedule has incorporated times for attendees to explore Lynchburg.
REGISTRATION: Purchase “tickets” below
Registration discounts are available for individuals requesting accommodation as needed. Please contact your state’s LAP or send a request through Virginia’s LAP general information email (email@example.com).
- In-person, full retreat attendance: $175.00
- In-person, two-day attendance: $125.00
- In-person, one-day attendance: $95
- In-person, Saturday dinner only: $50
- Virtual only: $75.00 (for one or all sessions)
In person registration covers all sessions and indicated meals. All in-person registrants will be able to attend any and all live-streamed sessions. Dinners and receptions will not be streamed. Pricing does not include cost for accommodations.