- This event has passed.
Well-Being Week In Law
May 3 @ 8:00 am - May 7 @ 5:00 pm
WELL-BEING WEEK IN THE LAW – 2021!
To align with Mental Health Awareness Month in May, Well-Being Week In Law (WWIL) occurs the first week of May every year–which, in 2021, is May 3-7. The aim of WWIL is to raise awareness about mental health and encourage action and innovation across the profession to improve well-being. In 2021, the event’s name was changed from “Lawyer Well-Being Week” to WWIL to be more explicitly inclusive of all of the important contributors to the legal profession who are not lawyers. WWIL is an event of the Institute for Well-Being in Law.
Each of the five days in WWIL is focused on one dimension of overall well-being.
- MONDAY: Stay Strong (Physical Well-Being): Striving for regular activity, good diet and nutrition, enough sleep and recovery. Limit addictive substances and seek help for physical health when needed.
- TUESDAY: Align (Spiritual Well-Being): Cultivating a sense of meaning and purpose in work and life. Aligning our work and lives with our values, goals, and interests.
- WEDNESDAY: Engage & Grow (Occupational & Intellectual Well-Being):Seeking personal satisfaction, growth, enrichment in work, and financial stability. Engaging in continuous learning and creative or intellectually challenging activities that foster ongoing development. Monitoring cognitive wellness.
- THURSDAY: Connect (Social Well-Being): Building connection, belonging, and a reliable support network. Contributing to our groups and communities.
- FRIDAY: Feel Well (Emotional Well-Being): Valuing emotions. Developing an ability to identify and manage emotions for health, to achieve goals, and to inform decisions. Seeking help for mental health when needed.
During WWIL, VJLAP will be providing three CLEs (no cost) on various wellness topics.
- MONDAY, May 3 @ 12:00 pm: Managing Attorney Stress (1 hour CLE; no cost). Registration and more information.
- WEDNESDAY, May 5 @ 4:00 pm: VSB Presidents Address Occupational Risks in Their Practices (1 hour CLE; no cost). Registration and more information.
- FRIDAY, May 7 @ 12:00 pm: Addiction is a Disease, Not a Moral Failing (1 hour CLE; no cost). Registration and more information.
For more information on Well-Being Week in Law: WWIL