The ‘slow burn’ of social distancing – it may be affecting young lawyer disproportionately.
April 30, 2020
Whether it is being required to work from home or go into the office, the pressure to perform remains and is compounded by anxiety about physical well-being, economic hardship, and job security.
Regardless of work space, or lack thereof, maintaining physical distance is still required. The lack of collegial interactions and team-building may be disproportionally affecting women and younger attorneys.
Suggestions for minimizing this effect:
- Regular scheduled calls and team meetings
- Formal and informal “hang outs” and chat rooms
- Bolstered internal communications and messaging
- Internal response teams to coordinate client communications
At VJLAP, we too have increase our team meetings and informal communications. Feel free to contact us to connect.
- Financial Times: Lockdown life puts a strain on lawyers’ mental health
- Consumer Affairs: Consumers turn to alcohol to relieve stress caused by COVID-19